If you want any kind of respect from Google
SEO + SMO = high SERP!
Social Media Network memberships are NOW
close to being a requirement for 2012 SEO campaigns to promote your business. With the Google Panda Update, one of the many factors that Google is looking for is social approval. Every business now needs to have SMO – social media optimization.
Without further ado, here’s a list of the 10 Social Sites for SEO that you need for higher ranking:
- Let’s start with Facebook – Need I say any more … ? OK, for those who don’t know, Facebook is a social media networking site intended to connect friends, family, and business associates. And if you have a business, you should also have a Facebook Fan Page.
- Twitter – Twitter is an information network, a social networking, and a microblogging service that allows you answer the question, “What are you doing?” by sending short text messages 140 characters in length, called “Tweets”, to your friends or followers. With a WordPress website, your posts, new AND old can be set to post to your twitter pages.
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 175 million members and growing rapidly. LinkedIn connects you to your trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals.
- Google + – Launched on June 28, 2011, Google Plus is a social networking and identity service, operated by Google Inc. Google Plus is vastly becoming one of the most popular and best social networking websites on the Internet. And if you have a business, you should also have a Google+ Page for your business.
- Pinterest – The best way to understand the power behind Pinterest is to compare it to the last ruler of viral traffic: The Front Page of Digg. Should you remember, Digg was a fabulous website back then. And from Techcrunch.com: Pinterest Hits 10 Million U.S. Monthly Uniques Faster Than Any Standalone Site Ever -comScore
Beyond this, it’s not quite as necessary, but if you have time, why not!
- Foursquare – for marketers, Foursquare offers a unique and compelling opportunity to use geo-location based services to promote their brands in real-time. This is especially beneficial for brick and mortar stores.
- StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds the best of the web, recommended just for you – it is an Internet community that will allow the user to stumble upon and rate Web pages. This include photos and videos.
- YouTube – currently ranked 3rd on the Alexa Traffic Ranking, YouTube is a video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips.
- Flickr – best recognition from Google for images. You can also create slideshows for your website, including certain sets while excluding ones you don’t want to show.
- Delicious – formerly ‘del.icio.us’, is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks.
- Yahoo Answers – a new way to find and share information. You can ask questions on any topic, get answers from real people, and share your insights, with over 90 million users worldwide.
And OH – friend me or follow me at those places!
Here’s a guy who pretty much agrees with my choices, and he displays several other websites with social site lists: Top 10 Social Media Sites + Lists [Meta-List].